PEERS (“WE/US/OUR”)ARE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING AND RESPECTING YOUR PRIVACY.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (theAct) the data controller is Peers the Jeweller, Victoria Shopping Centre,Mostyn Street, Llandudno, LL30 2NG. Wewill, in processing your data comply with Act and all data protection andprivacy laws and Regulations applied in England from time to time.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data aboutyou:
• Information that youprovide by filling in forms on our site (our site), by telephone or other electronic means orby visiting our store. This includes information provided at the time ofregistering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting furtherservices or searching for a product. We may also ask you for information whenyou enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report aproblem with our site. The information you give us may, as well as otherinformation, include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number financialand other credit card information.
• If you contact us, wemay keep a record of that correspondence or communication.
• We may also ask you tocomplete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have torespond to them.
• Details of transactionsyou carry out through our site, at our store, or by other means and of thefulfilment of your orders and any subsequent communications regarding yourpurchase.
• Details of your visitsto our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogsand other communication data, whether this is required for our own billingpurposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
• We may record telephoneconversations for training and security purposes. You would be notified ifrecording is taking place at the commencement of any call.
• Closed circuittelevision recordings within our stores for safety and security purposes.
We may collect information about your computer,including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type,for system administration and to report aggregate information to ouradvertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsingactions and patterns, and does not identify any individual but will comply withthe law.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on oursecure servers or where purchases are made over the counter, in hard copy atour stores. Any online payment transactions will be encrypted and carried outthrough our appointed agent through a secure site. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) apassword which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you areresponsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share apassword with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via theinternet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect yourpersonal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to oursite; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received yourinformation, we will use strict procedures and security features to try toprevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the followingways:
• To ensure that contentfrom our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for yourcomputer.
• To provide you withinformation, products or services that you request from us or which we feel mayinterest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out ourobligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you toparticipate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you aboutchanges to our service.
We may also use your data, to provide you withinformation about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we orthey may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contactyou by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods andservices similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We may also contact you by post.
If you are a new customer, and where we permitselected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you byelectronic means or by post only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, orto pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tickthe relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the orderform). We will only retain your data for so long as isreasonably necessary. See also “Your Rights” below.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to anymember of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding companyand its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to thirdparties:
• In the event that wesell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personaldata to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Peers orsubstantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which casepersonal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferredassets.
You have the right to ask us not to process yourpersonal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (beforecollecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if weintend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. Youcan exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes onthe forms we use to collect your data. Youcan exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to andfrom the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, pleasenote that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do notaccept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit anypersonal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information heldabout you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs inproviding you with details of the information we hold about you. You also havethe right to correct any incorrect data we may hold of you; and whereapplicable, the right to be forgotten.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
There are some cookies that are essential to the functionality of the site, allowing you to: purchase products successfully, navigate to the correct page, and save personal preferences.
“Analytical” cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. They also allows us to:
• estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
• store information about your preferences, products you viewed or searched for, and so allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests;
• speed up your searches;
• recognise you when you return to our site;
• record page response times, length of visits to certain pages, methods used to browse away from the page;
• help us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
• allow you to use our site in a way that makes your browsing experience more convenient, for example, by allowing you to store items in an electronic shopping basket between visits.
The above list is not exhaustive.
Except for essential functional cookies, all cookies will expire after 12 months.